Monday, February 22, 2010

Friday Fun Day!!!

Everyday the kids come home from school and the first words out of their mouths are "can I have a snack please?" My response is sure, would you like an apple, banana, grapes or carrot sticks? No, we want cookies, donuts, ice cream or candy! I have to be the boring mean Mom that says NO!!!

I decided to start a little tradition to give the kids something to look forward to. I told Kenzi that every Friday she can have her friends come over after school and I will have a yummy treat for everyone. Deal! I am not promising anything extravagant, but it will be Sugar!

I made cinnamon rolls this past Friday and everyone loved them and they were gone in a matter of seconds!

Do your kids beg for treats after school?




3 comments:

Sara said...

OH, this sounds familiar. I usually make them eat a piece of fruit and wait until after dinner for dessert, but we DO almost always have dessert! Cinnamon Rolls sound awesome right now.

LINDS said...

Peyt begs for treats all day long. Mom I want a fruit snack, a brownie, blah blah blah!!!

Whitney and Kyle Miller said...

i love that the girls are matching, and i love that they have their friends over!! what fun!