Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yard Sale For Tyla

For those of you who don't know my sweet Tyla was diagnosed with Autism about 6 months ago and my life has completely changed! It has been an emotional roller coaster for me and for my family, I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't cried for her. Tyla is on a very strict diet (gluten & casein free)and it has helped her so much and I am very happy with the results. She is also on spectrum vitamins and minerals that she takes daily. She is in speech, music and Occupational therapies every week in addition to her school class at Entz. (we are always on the go!) I had the opportunity to meet a DAN Doctor (Defeat Autism Now)who has an autistic son himself and is very passionate about helping these children so I have decided to take Tyla there which I have been wanting to do for a long time now. The unfortunate thing is DAN Doctors don't take insurance so everything is out of pocket and it is very pricey so I have decided to have a yard sale to earn money for Tyla to go to her first initial visit so I will be posting some sneak peak items that will be at the sale. I hope many of you can come support the cause and if anyone is doing some spring cleaning and has any items you just want to get rid of feel free to drop them off at my house or email at kristyblingbling@yahoo.com and I will come pick up those items. Stay tuned for yard sale updates!

5 comments:

scooley said...

We have to be out of our house next month so I have been going through a lot of crap. I'll put some stuff together for you. When are you thinking of having the sale. Just let me know and I will drop off some stuff.

Kristen said...

I called his office number that was listed on Generation Rescue and it was not his office!! Either I wrote it down wrong or something!! The Yard sale is a good idea.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Hey my mom made fliers for us to take to church about our yard sales. I'll make maps to our yard sale and you make maps to yours and we'll swap!! This is gonna be a good thing!! Between the two yard sales I think we'll make more than enough!

Oh ya, this week I'm gonna open a savings account for tyla and jack to put all our fundraising funds into so it can't be taxed!! Didn't know if you were interested in doing the same :)

Kristy Treible said...

I am thinking oh having the yard sale on the 8th and 9th of May.

Brianna- does that work? Jeff set up an account for Tyla a couple years ago so she is set!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

We are gonna try do it this weekend and depending on how well we do(and the weather) we'll do it next weekend, too. Just let me know if we are gonna do the map swapping. We are gonna get Jack into the DAN dr too, so we need all the help we can get!!