On Thursday September 25TH my pretty princess Tyla was diagnosed Autistic. She falls on the Autism Spectrum. There are many different levels on this spectrum and we don't believe Tyla's is extreme. In the back of my mind I have always known something was not right with Tyla, but my excuse was "she will grow out of it someday" Well many days have passed and not much has changed. Although I knew something was wrong it was one of the hardest moments in my life to sit there and be told my baby is autistic. When we left the office after being there for many hours I thought to myself Tyla is still the same person before she was given a label and this could be a blessing in disguise. I FINALLY have an answer, somewhere to start! I am going to take this diagnosis and run with it and that is exactly what I have done. On my way home I immediately starting making phone calls to set up evaluations for speech and occupational therapy and all these referrals that have been given me. I have already got so many appointments lined up and I am on my way to recovery for Tyla. There are so many things that could have caused this, but I am researching like I have never researched before to find a cure for Tyla and there are so many options and remedies out there and I will find what works for her. Prayer is so important to me and with God all things are possible we just need to talk to him and I can tell you that I have been doing a lot of talking! I just started a book by Jenny McCarthy called Mother Warriors and it is about Mothers who have children with Autism and they talk about what did and didn't work in helping their kids recover from Autism. Some things work for some kids that won't work on others. Every child is different. this is such a good book and I can't stop reading. I love it. I love my life, I am married to the man I love and I have two amazing and beautiful girls in the world.
My blog is my journal so please bare with me I have so much that is going through my mind and I may have opinions or views that people may agree or disagree but it helps me to jot these things down especially through this time in my life.
13 comments:
BUDDY!!!! Ive been wanting to talk to you all day about how it went. Well, on Friday we took Say down for her eval and she was also diagnosed with Autism on the higher end of the spectrum. I knew this could happen and I thought for the last 6 months I had been doing everything within my power to NOT get this diagnosis but I guess the Lord has other plans! As well educated as I think I am I still have been taking it pretty hard. Is Jennys book new? Ive never heard of it and I want to read it right now! Pleas know that I love you and we need to be here for each other more, you can call to talk anytime about whatev. I cant imagine what your pregnancy hormones have been doing to you these last few days!
Kristy, you are a strong person and a wonderful mother. You know tyla and all her difficulties but it doesnt change her to now have a label. It sounds like you have a really good attitude about this and thats all you can do. Please let me know if there is anything i can do for you
Kristy,
I know this has been a really hard road for all of us. ESPECIALLY little Tyla! We are just relieved that we DO have a jumping off point, FINALLY! We will get her all the help she needs. I am glad that we can work so well together on this situation. I know we have had some trouble in the past, but NOTHING is more important than Tyla's well being. Just keep us posted on what we need to do. I think we all kinda knew this was coming, but I feel it as such a relief to finally know how to help her. Matt and I have prayed our little guts out for her and even put her name on the prayer roll in the temple in hopes of finding the help that she needs. I am so glad that we can finally do that for her. We just love her so much and she is such a BIG part of our lives and our family's life!
(sorry for the intrusion :) hope you don't mind)
Brianna
It's amazing how prayers are answered. You know this dosen't change her, but just think of all those doors that just opend up to help her. What a great help and relif this will be for her and to your family. We love you guys and are so excited for all the help thats about to come your way.
Kristy! I'm sure that this was a difficult thing for you and your sweet little family to bear, but I KNOW you can do it! You are a great mom, and Tyla was put in your care for a reason!
:) Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. You are such a sweetie!
As we have all observed Tyla these past few months, there has always been that possibility and thought in our minds about what she really has. It just didn't show up right away, it has just been more obvious in the past year. Tyla just radiates with a sweet and loving disposition and I believe that is going to really help her in her recovery because she is so happy and sweet. You are on the right track now and help is on the way. You are doing a great job Kristy and we love all you guys. You are the best. Love Mom
I would love to talk with you if you have any questions. I have a great network of moms that have done a tremendous amount of research and know where to go and what to do. We even swap gluten free snacks everyother week over breakfast. Our children are all around 4 and our stories are great stories of hope. The treatments are working.
Oh, Kristy. Reading this brought me to tears...not because I am sad for what you are going through, but because I know that Tyla has already been given such a gift. She has you. I am sure there is some comfort now that you have answers and a direction. Keep us informed.
Hey check your e-mail I re-invited you to bailz blog, and as for the necklaces, that would be fun but this weekend is wayyyy crazy. Let's shoot for next weekend if possible!
my heart is so full, you are so strong,I admire your positive attitude and I am really impressed with all that you have done in such a short time.You have definately grabbed the bull by the horns and have taken control. You will be blessed for all your efforts.I am always here for you and if you ever need a listening ear, I will be there.You are such an amazing wife,mother and friend.I am grateful we talk and have gotten closer as friends,I vakue our friendship so much and I miss being able to hang out.
You are so sweet, patient and loving. Just what tyla needs. she is a darling little girl and she has amazing parents to guide her and help her through this life. My prayers will be with you, and i know if you set your mind to it, you will cure her.
I was actually talking to a friend a couple days ago. She used to work at a place where they work with Autistic children and try to reverse it. She said the little boy she was working with was coming out of it and it was really working. I dont remember what it was called but she has a blog...its ALY & CLINT on my list. She would love to give you any info.
Like every one else I am so glad that Tyla has finally recived a diagnosis!!! I pray for that little girl so much and for all of her family to give her the help and support that she needs! You are doing a great job and I know things will just get better. We miss you guys tons! Can't wait to be home!
Oh my goodness Kristy! Your faith is so inspiring. What a trying time for you and I'm in awe over your optimism and love for little Tyla- what a lucky girl to have YOU! Thanks for sharing with us- I will keep you and Kristen both in my prayers...
Post a Comment