Monday, December 5, 2011

New School

Jeff and I have been tossing around the idea of switching schools for Kenzi but I was so scared because I just love Entz Elementary and all the teachers and the principal there. I just think the classes are getting too big in the public schools and I felt like the students that were the "straight A" students were not getting as much help or even push because the teachers were helping the children who were struggling. I know that this is not at all the school or teachers fault. I feel for these teachers. I know they work SO hard and don't get paid enough. I know lots of schools now teach a grade ahead and I know this would be great for Kenzi. after months of researching so many Mesa schools of all types we were ready to make the jump. I was happy to make the switch and we both felt really good about it and I was super excited for her to not have to rush through reading books and do the AR (Accelerated reading) program anymore and go back to doing book reports! There were also a lot more Academic reasons we made the switch. This was so scary for us. Entz has been the only school Kenzi has known and Jeff has put so much time into this school and has a great relationship with the principal and I have great relationships with the teachers.

With all this being said I have to say it has been so hard. Kenzi made friends right away and even a friend from her cheer team is in her class and the work hasn't been too tough for her, but she HATES it! I mean HATES it! She comes home in tears almost every day. I asked her why she hates it so much and she says it is just weird and very different and the teachers are not as nice. She told me she is trying to be positive about it but she just can't.

I am one sleep deprived, tired and emotional Mama!

No comments: