Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Time

While Jeff was on his hunt the kids and I put our family Christmas tree up and a few decorations. This year since life is so crazy and the kids have so much after school activity I decided to do something a little easier for our advent calendar. I started collecting kids Christmas books from around the house, yard sales and goodwill. I found some really good ones! I had Kenzi individually wrap 24 books and place in a basket next to our tree. Each night we open one book and I (or Kenzi) read the book to the kids. It is so simple but the kids absolutely love it!


Here is Kenzi wrapping the books! Ryker was trying to help (make a mess!)


after getting frustrated with Ryker getting in her way, Kenzi decided to wrap Ryker up and he just layed there and let her finish wrapping the books.

We have been talking to ryker about getting a "big boy" bed so once we finished decorating the tree Ryker got his pillow pet and layed under the tree telling us that this is his new big boy bed.

The kids opening the first book!

No comments: