Friday, April 2, 2010

"SPECIAL" Month


April is Autism Awareness Month. This holds a special place in my heart due to the fact of having a child on the Autism Spectrum.

This month I have set a personal goal to learn and educate myself even more on Autism. To finish all my great inspiring books about autism that are on my night stand collecting dust, to get more involved with Tyla's therapies and have more patience with her therapist and really try to listen to them even when I don't always agree on there ways and to finally return calls and emails of people who have questions.


Thank you Tyla for teaching me patience I never knew I had. Thank you for making me a stronger and better person, and thank you for that HUGE smile of yours that puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart. I love you so much!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Tyla has the greatest smile ever!!! Love your new blog layout!

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

She is so dang cute! What are you gonna do with all those adorable necklaces when Miss Tyla outgrows them? Oh I know...sell them to Miss B.!!

The Schureman Family said...

You are AMAZING!! Tyla- even on challenging day is such a blessing!
We are grateful to have met your sweet family. What an example Tyty
has been to our family! Thank you for sharing her with us! We love you guys!