Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break

I took the day off of work today to spend time with my family since the girls are on spring break. We first woke up to MacKenzie making everyone breakfast then we took Tyla to OT and off to the zoo we went! I love our zoo pass it is so worth it, we can pack a lunch go for a couple hours and then go home and take a nap! It was so nice to have the day off I felt like I had quality time with the girls and then was able to get so much done around the house and sit down and breath for a minute. I usually take the girls by myself, but Jeff was able to sneak away from work today and go with us and I am so thankful he did, the girls Love him so much and he helped me out so much, I can't believe how tired I was and short of breath I felt!! It was a great day and I am really sad I have to go back to work tomorrow :(


While the girls were resting I worked on the baby room a little so here is a sneak peak...


I ran across this Babe Ruth picture in the garage. This picture means so much to Jeff and he has told me a long while back that he would really like this picture to be hung in the house and I just never wanted it anywhere and forgot about it until this week when I was trying to decide what to do with the baby room and it hit me that this would be perfect in our little boys room(BTW he still doesn't have a name)so I decided to surprise Jeff with it. I also found this shelf in my garage so I thought it would work great and the cute blanket hanging from the shelf was made for me from my dear friend Kristen. My Dad told me he has a really old style baseball glove so I am going to replace the one that is on the shelf with that when he finds it. As for the Rocker this was bought for me from my mother in law Kathy and I absolutely love it! It is chocolate brown microfiber and the adorable quilt on it was made with lots of love from my Mom. Stay tune for more of the baby room. I can't believe I only have a few weeks left! I can't wait to see this precious baby and hold him. It has been so long since I have had a little baby! I am so excited and can't!

6 comments:

onehm said...

Sounds like a dreamy day!! :)
If you are really interested in the chandelier, I'm happy to come down a little on the price, I listed them a little bit higher than I expected to get on Craigslist so that I had some wiggle room! And I'd LOVE to see it go to such a happy home! :) Let me know what you guys decide!

Jillene said...

Kristy! Its fun to follow up on your life through blogs. You are an amazing mom and I admire what a great family you have. Your girls always look so adorable!

What great use of the shelf and picture. So happy for you and Jeff to get a baby boy.OMG! I just realized I missed a shower for you. I got the invite right before I left town and I just got back yesterday. Hmmm but I will find something cute for that boy! I love baby shopping!

Can you believe my baby is getting married?! Thanks for keeping up with me. :)

Loves!

Sara said...

Love the baseball theme! so cute!!

LINDS said...

Looks really cute!! Only a couple more weeks to the new addition. Yay!!

Alexa Mae said...

k! love love love the room so far. cant wait to see it all. especially with the baby in it! you are so cute! and i miss the zoo, it has been a while since we've been. your girls are adorable and always stylin!

scooley said...

Your boys room looks so cute. I love the chair it looks alot like mine. I hope your feeling good still. Good luck Girly