Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I don't know where to start. About a year ago I took Tyla to our pediatrician because I was concerned about Tyla not talking and interacting with kids etc. her doctor thought she could be autistic so we had specialist at our house to evaluate her and the good news was they didn't think she was autistic, but she was definately delayed in areas especially speech, so I had speech therapists at my house twice a week, which was pretty good, but I got her in a early intervention program at Entz Elementary and she has started talking and then I realized there was something wrong with her sight and had that checked out and come to find out she has perfect vision in one eye but not so much in the other and I think since she has had glasses that has helped her speech alot. I am so proud of Tyla and how much she has improved and she has just blossomed so much this school year and has learned to interact with her peers. These are pictures of Tyla on her last day of school, and her with her teacher Mrs Hink who was absolutely wonderful with Tyla. Mrs Hink will be going to a different school next year to teach Autistic Kindergartners and we are really sad and will miss her. Her speech therapist Lisa Haws was so wonderful to Tyla and she will not be there next year eathier. We will miss you Lisa. Thanks for all you did.

No comments: