Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Recap 2011

Here is a recap of our Tribes Family Summer! Let me warn you....it is kinda a LONG post, but just trying to play catch up! So enjoy!

The first couple weeks of Summer Kenzi did a music camp that she has now done the past three summers and they are amazing! This year it was willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory! It was adorable and Kenzi had a main character and leading role! She did awesome! They have some camps all throughout this year that I would LOVE for Kenzi to audition for, but we will have to see if we can work that out or not.

Swim Lessons definitely paid off! Ryker swims the entire length of our pool, he dives, does front flips, jumps in and grabs the wall all by himself and monkey walks! He is such a little fish now! Thanks Miss Shelley! You are the best!
The beginning of this Summer we went up to the Treible Cabin in Pine top with our good friends Jason and Sherry Stevens and all our kids. It was seriously such a great time and I am pretty sure I gained 10 pounds in the few days we were there! We cooked some yummy food and ate alot! I love trips like that! I love good food!Our kids just love each other and play so good together! I think us adults stayed up until 2 AM every night just talking and laughing. We were there for Father's Day weekend so the boys went golfing one day while Sherry and I slaved in the kitchen all day for a huge dinner when the hubby's got back from golf and the kids made books for the Daddy's and made up a great song and dance to perform to them! Check out Ryker Beat boxing with Jax! So funny!



My Parents decided we should go to San Diego 4Th of July weekend for a couple nights so we packed up and went! My Brother Brady, his wife Milea and their four kids went with us too! We stayed at The Hyatt Grand Manchester Bay right next to Seaport village. We loved walking around the shops at Seaport everyday. We went on a boat ride to Coronado Island which was a great time! Ryker LOVED the boat and kept saying "go faster!" We spent a day at La Jolla Beach which the kids had a blast!

















We made one last very quick trip back to the cabin with my Sister n Law Milea and her kids! It rained the entire time, and Tyla was sick throwing up, but it was still nice to get out of the heat!
We attended some BBQ's that were always a great time!

Sleepovers and swimming was happening alot! So much fun with great friends!




Arizona Grand Day with friends!


There were also very LONG HOT boring days where we had to amuse ourselves in the home because it was too hot to go anywhere!

Well there you have it! I know there wasn't any extravagant vacations or any of that this Summer, but I really enjoyed the time I had this Summer with the kids even if it was just swimming and being silly! It was a great Summer and I was happy to be home doing small things making great memories with my kiddos! I hope you all had a great Summer too!

1 comment:

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

What a fun time you had this summer. Hope we see you guys sometime soon!