Fortunately Averie has amazing parents who are doing everything they can to find a cure for this disease. There lives are filled with counting carbs, blood sugars, insulin, blood, needles, test strips, sharps containers and so on. Averie endures more pokes than a pin cushion. As a Mother my heart goes out to them. I can't even imagine doing this everyday. Every year they do the JDRF Walk at Tempe Town Lake. We were lucky to be there this year again and be part of Averie's Army Team. We had 60 walkers this year! Yay!

I love doing this each year and letting our friends know that yes we may not know what it is like to have a child with this disease, but we are here to support you. Lets find a cure!
2 comments:
kristy you look awesome, your legs look goooodddd! im re motivated now!
Look at you Miss skinny woman! When was the last time I saw you? You look great, good job! Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment