Monday, August 11, 2014

Meet Roxy!










I still can't believe this as I am sitting here typing! The kids have been begging for years to have a family dog and my response was "Never going to happen ever". Then about a month ago Ryker came up to me crying and I asked him what was wrong and he said he wants a brother! That broke my heart and of course my tears start flowing. Then he looked up to me and said or if I can't have a brother I would love a dog! Ugh! Don't get me wrong I really do love animals especially dogs and I grew up with several and  have he best memories with them, but I just don't like all the responsibility of them especially with kids. who is gong to watch her when we go out of town? Who is going to feed, bath, pick up dog poop etc.?!

So a couple weeks ago I told Jeff I am going to start looking at some rescues and hopefully adopt a dog for our family. His jaw dropped and asked me if I am crazy! We wet and looked at some and kept looking and then I ran across this cutie online from Underdog Rescue of AZ. She was available and dropped off a couple days later to our home. Her name was Cupcake but it didn't really fit her and the lady said since she didn't know her name really that we could change it. I wanted to name her Wrigley because of the Cubs, Kenzi's pick was Cali for California because its our favorite family vacation, and Ryker liked Roxy especially because she has a little white patch on her back that looks like the Roxy sign and Tyla wanted to keep her name Cupcake after all who would ever change their name! The kids couldn't agree with a name so we pulled out of a hat and Roxy it was! Now that I think about it the only reason we got this dog was because of Ryker so I am glad he got to name this dog.

I can't believe I just did a post on a dog!

No comments: