Monday, August 13, 2012

Back To School!!!

Ryker gets to go to Miss Kelli's Playschool two days a week for 3 hours and for the last hour of this class he gets to have a picnic and eat lunch with his friends! He just loves this because he feels like a big boy packing his lunch like his Sisters do for school! Then he also gets to go to Miss Kindra's Montessori Preschool one day a week for 3 hours. He went to Miss Kindra last year and loved her and couldn't wait to go back! The best part of this is I have 9 hours a week with no kids so I can get so much done and I don't have to drive because both schools are right down the street from me! Yay!
Tyla is in 3rd Grade this year at Field and she has the same teacher she has had for the past two years. Mrs Meschke is amazing and so fun and Tyla missed her so much this summer and couldn't wait to go back to school to see her and all her friends! The other day Tyla's speech therapist was here and she told me that Tyla has come so far and she knows Tyla could do so much more if she is challenged and really thinks Tyla could be in a regular class instead of a special ed class. I started to get knots in my stomach. I am so scared for her to be in a regular class and what if the kids make fun of her or be mean to her? What if I move her and the work is so hard and way over her head and she starts hating school? Would I leave her at that school since she is so established there and has so many friends or would I move her to Entz because I love that school and Kenzi is there to protect her? she is supposed to start a new 4th thru 6th program next year and I heard it will be at Entz which makes me super happy but I know nothing about this program and I heard there is an awesome class and teacher at Highland that she could do next year. My mind is spinning and I am so nervous for her and what I should do. I just wants going to be best for her. I really want her to stay in the class she is in now because we are both comfortable with it abd she looks forward to going to school everyday but I really want her to be challenged academically. I don't want to make the same mistake I made last year with Kenzi. I want the best of both worlds. I want my kids happy but I want them to be challenged.
MacKenzie was so beyond excited for school this year! She could not wait to go back to our home school and start 5th grade! only this year and next year left at entz and then she will go to Poston where both Jeff and I went for Jr High! Ugh! I can't think about her being in Jr High yet! Kenzi got the teacher she really wanted Mrs Rogers! She has snakes, mice and hamsters in her class room! She is such a different child then last year. She just loves school and wakes up early to get ready and just keeps telling me "thank you" for letting me go back to Entz. I feel so relieved now knowing she is so happy at school and not miserable all day and I don't have knots in my stomach all day and counting down the hours to pick her up to see if she is just going to break down in tears when she gets in the car. I don't have to go lock myself in the bathroom and cry so she won't see me. I love waiting in my car when I pick her up now and all my friends in the neighborhood jump in the front seat and chat with me while we wait. I love when she gets in the car and I ask her how her day was and she replies "AWESOME" with a big smile. I love all the staff and teachers there. I dealt with a year of a very unhappy child and I felt guilty everyday and I can't take that back. I know I was trying to do what was best for her and I really thought academics is more important then her happiness but turns out I was wrong and the academics weren't even that great at the charter school as they said they were and in the end as a Parent I just want my children to be happy. I am so relieved that all 3 my kids are happy to go to school everyday and that makes me a very happy Mama! It is going to be a great school year!

No comments: