Saturday, May 26, 2012

Field Trip

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to go with MacKenzie and all the 4th and 5th graders on their field trip to Boyce Thompson Arboretum in Superior. Kenz was so thrilled I volunteered to go and help because she hates her school and wasn't even excited for her field trip. We did a lot of hiking and the weather was pretty nice. After doubting my decision of switching to this school my doubts were comformed and I knew we had made a huge mistake. The teacher screamed yes I said SCREAMED at the kids the entire time and it was so uncalled for and the kids were great kids. I had knots in my stomach the entire day and just knew this was not right. I feel so bad for not listening to Kenz when she would come home in tears weekly because all the teachers yell and are mean and so strict. Yes the academics are great and something very important to Jeff and I, but it is not worth MacKenzie from loving school to absolutely hating it and having school be such a negative thing. The school did not follow through on so many things they promised Jeff and I when deciding on going there. I feel like the worst Parent ever and I am so sad that MacKenzie missed out on such a great teacher this past year at Entz. I am so angry her new Principal promised she would make things right and never did. I can't wait to put this year behind me and move on. Although I wanted to pull Kenzi out immediately Jeff and I decided to make this a learning experience for Kenzi.We explained to her that yes this was a very hard transition and sometimes the work was a little tough (not that much. She actually didn't have that much of a hard time as we thought she would) and that she misses her friends, hates the teachers and all the very strict rules and these ugly school uniforms that she can't just give up because it is hard. You have to finish what she started. MacKenzie did just that! she made Honor Roll and was awrded by her Principal, she got a 100% on her big end of the year 7 page oral report and she also made some really sweet friends that I know she will continue to see. I am so proud of this hard working girl! Goodbye Self Development! Looking forward to a happy new school year!
Kenzi and her sweet new friend Lizzy from her school class.

No comments: