The past couple months I have really been thinking about how times are so much different then when I was a child and how much more our children are exposed to. The other day MacKenzie and I were driving down the road blasting the radio in my car sharing our love for music and Kenzi looks at me and says Mom one of my favorite songs is the one that goes like this and she starts singing the words to me and I about ran into the car in front of me! I totally knew the song and it has a great beat, but I never really paid attention to the words until then. Hearing such a bad message come out of my child's mouth made me sick to my stomach, yes I was thankful for her innocence of not knowing what those words meant, but I knew some changes needed to be made. I was at the bank yesterday and I was telling my friend who is our banker about what hap pend in the car with Kenzi and she asked me if I have ever heard of Beckah Shae? Nope. She started playing her music and it sounded upbeat and she had a great voice. She told me a little about Beckah how she is a Christian singer and how inspirational her music is with great messages. I went home got Kenzi and went on YouTube and found all these amazing songs and even some remixes of Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber with different more appropriate lyrics.
If any of you have children who love music the way my children do, please check out Beckah Shae. Our kids are like sponges and soak everything in, even bad messages in songs. They might not understand what the song means today, but it won't be long before they do. Check this song out. It is my favorite! Turn your speakers up and listen to the great message!
No comments:
Post a Comment