Monday, April 18, 2011

oh my

Last Thursday I was supposed to be in Cali running Ragnar with a group of girls, but I ended up "bailing out" last minute. I was lacking confidence and was beyond stress about leaving Jeff home with the kids and I was terrified of flying! I know I sound crazy, but really that is how I felt.

For the past two weeks I have been trying to get Tyla into a behavioral specialist or someone who could help Tyla and my family with our situation that is taking place right now and all these people are booked wayyyyyy out! I am talking like 6 months and more! There is no way I can wait this long! Luckily I got a phone call from Dr. Kingsley's office and they said they had a cancellation Thursday and could see Tyla! Score! That was the day I was supposed to go to cali, but that sealed the deal for me to stay home.

After a long session Dr. Kinglsey looks at me and says " I think Tyla might have some very strong OCD issues". I really was floored. He made me give him examples of how and when Tyla has meltdowns and it really made alot of sense to me how it could be a compulsive disorder. The more I think of it she really does do things that remind me of OCD more then ADHD.

So needless to say I have yet another thing to look into and research! I left the office feeling very good and loving Dr. Kingsley here in Mesa. He doesn't think therapy with him will help Tyla because of this disorder, but he does think he could help me deal with these problems we are having with Tyla and could also help MacKenzie cope and understand as well.

Stay Tuned....
Had to treat her to lunch after our long appointment to her favorite place!

No comments: