So ever since Tyla rode the camel at the zoo she has been asking me to ride a horse now. She mentions it every day or two. She tells me I want to ride a horse with my hat and boots like a cowgirl. I wasn't sure where she was getting the cowgirl info from, but anyway I decided to start looking into horse riding lessons for her. I remember hearing something about Autistic Children and Horse Riding as a therapy so I made a phone call to my friend Lisa who has horses and told her my situation and she immediately told me of a friend of hers named Heidi from her church who teaches riding lessons with her horse in the afternoons and during the day she works in a Gilbert School with Autistic Children and is going to school to be an Occupational Therapist! This was my kinda language she was speaking. Music to my ears so to say. She said she would give Heid my number.
Two days later I get a missed call from Heidi. Her message was sweet, bubbly and positive. I immediately liked her. After a couple weeks of phone tag we set a date to meet (today) I told Tyla we were going to finally ride a horse! Her smile was HUGE and she again told me she wants to wear a hat and boots like a cowgirl. She was so excited! She picked her outfit out (I gave up on trying to pick) we dropped Kenz off at cheer (Note: Kenzi gave my her ipod touch to video Tyla on the horse. She was so mad at me for not letting her skip cheer to go watch)off to riding we go!
As I turn into Circle G Ranch and I am admiring the beautiful properties the wide streets and all the people outside in their yards I began to get super excited for Tyla as she was. We get to the house...
As we are walking to the front door Tyla squeezes my hand looks up at me and asks "horse not big right Mommy" Ugh......I knew exactly what was going to happen.
Heidi answers the door and she was just as sweet as I thought she would be.
As we begin to go around by the horse Tyla starts climbing up me and asked me to hold her. Here we go. Without going into too much detail all I can say is Tyla cried and begged to go home. Heidi was calm and smiley and decided to bring chairs out for us to sit on while she got the horse. She brought the horse out, tied him up (ty was scared) she started brushing the horse and came over and gave Tyla a brush just to hold for her as her helper. Tyla still not convinced. Heidi takes the horse on a walk hoping Ty might join, but NO.
Heidi puts the horses up and we walk to the my car. I apologize to her as I am holding my 6 year old Tyla tight. I pay her even though I had to fight her to take it. We end up talking a little bit while Tyla was happy to be in a secure spot in my car jammimg to Justin Bieber and hopping from seat to seat.
I think I might have had my own little meltdown driving home but was able to pull it together.
All I can say is Tyla is unpredictable.
1 comment:
Bummer that would of been a great experience for her. Maybe you should try again.
Post a Comment