Third Grade!
Can you believe Kenzi and sassy are going to be in the same class?! (I hope they don't get sick of each other!) They are like Sister's you know!
This time last year was a little different then today. Today I woke up so sick to my stomach I literally couldn't move. I was so worried about Tyla's first day of school. This year Tyla will be going to a new school (Field Elementary)with new teachers, new bus drivers, new peers and over triple the size class she was in last year. I don't know how she will handle it, what will be going on inside her head. The worst part is that she can't come home and verbally express her feelings and tell me how her day went. Will her teachers "get her" will the curriculum be way over her head? We did meet her new teacher and I really liked her off the bat and have such a good feeling about her! Tyla was so excited to go back to school today and that made me feel good! She loves school and loves to learn! I hope her sweet contagious smile will win over her teachers and new friends today! I will be standing on the curb in this heat today waiting for that bus to drop her off!
After Tyla left, I put Ryker in the stroller and Kenzi grabbed her backpack and we started walking to school. We stopped by Sassy's house to meet the crew! Kenzi was so excited for school to start. She told me last night that it was going to be the best year ever and she is going to do her very best! She is smart and positive! MacKenzie got Mrs Young this year who just happened to be Jeff's first grade teacher! Mrs Young is so sweet and I can already tell how great she is going to be!
I really feel it is going to be a great year! I can't wait for the kids to get home today to hear all about it and see big smiles on their faces!
3 comments:
Was this like the longest day in history waiting for them to kids to get home??? So how did Tyla do? Is she mainstreamed in 1st grade? I know it might be rough but these kids have a habit of suprising us!!
They both looked adorable! Hope they had great experiences today!
How cute are they? I am so happy today is over and hope tomorrow isn't as stressful for any of us. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Post a Comment