My heart is full as I reflect on this school year for my sweet Tyla. Dang! It has been a roller coaster! I am so proud of her I could cry (I am as I am typing) Tyla has had such a great year and I couldn't be more happy! She has learned so much and her personality has grown, and even better she is now finally potty trained fully which I think is the biggest accomplishment ever! The doctors and I really didn't know if that day would ever happen (very common in Autistic Children) I seriously felt like I should throw a huge extravagant party for this milestone, but instead I just thank God everyday what might seem to some peope minor but a major blessing for our family! Can I just add how freakin cute her little booty looks in all her clothes! She is so freakin cute!
It was a great year and Tyla made such great friends especially her best buddy Gabriel! The sad thing about having a special needs child is that they are shifted to different schools which means being readjusted to new teacher, making new friends and the list goes on! I pray everything will be great next year at Field Elementary and that maybe jus maybe some day she can be in a regular school class.


This was such a stepping stone for Tyla to actually go into the petting zoo and brush the animals hair! I was one proud Mama! Oh...the small things that make me so happy!

Tyla with her best bud Gabriel!

Tyla insisted on having a Zebra for her carousel ride! It was such a fun day!
The year ends with the all the Kindergartners performing "These are the letters of the alphabet" show. It was awesome and Tyla looked so dang cute and I was sooo proud of how she knew all her letters and sounds and all the words to every song! I sneaked up to the front to snap some shots and in the middle of the play Tyla yelled "hi Mom!!!" "That's my Mommy" and everyone turned and looked at me! It was so cute! I am so proud of her!

1 comment:
So awesome!!! I understand the potty training thing...it is huge!!
Post a Comment