Monday, August 10, 2009

Meet The Teacher

I have had so much anxiety all summer long for this coming school year for so many different reasons. I was worried about MacKenzie not having any of her friends in her class and that is pretty much how it turned out, but I am hoping she will use her fun and bubbly personality and make new friends in her class. She got the teacher we really wanted Mrs. Stockfish she is such a doll and I think she is going to be so much fun! She had fish name tags and gave the kids a sweet little note along with whale crackers and it said "we will have a whale of a year" I thought that was pretty funny! After leaving the class room I had a great feeling that MacKenzie will have a great year and then it really hit me how sad I am that Tyla won't be at Entz with her Sissy this year. Entz is such a great school and I feel like we are at home and we know the principal really well and all our neighborhood friends go there, and Jeff is in the PTO and the school is right across the street from our house. I am so bummed Tyla won't be there! Tyla really looks up to her Sissy and was so excited to go to her class and meet her teacher. She was so funny she pulled Kenzi over to Mrs Stockfish and introduced them to each other. It was the best!
MacKenzie sitting at her very own desk!


Tyla will be going to Patterson Elementary this year her teacher is Mrs Thompson. She seemed pretty nice and class room was really cute and fun. She is definitely not a loving, nurturing lady which made me sad, but she seems to have very high expectations which I really like. I really wanted to volunteer in Tyla's class this year and be really involved because I have always worked full time in the past and never had the chance, but Mrs Thompson said she really doesn't use parent volunteers because it is much faster and easier for her to do it then to arrange for parents to come in! Bug! This was such a disappointment to me! Tyla will be riding the bus for the first time this year and I am so NERVOUS! ANXIETY kicks in again! The good news is Tyla begged to ride the bus last year and all she talks about is riding the bus this year. I think it is a "Mommy problem" not a Tyla problem. I know she will do great! I am just going to stay positive, do alot of praying and I know everything will be alright. Tyla loved being in the class room and talking to her teacher and she didn't want to leave so that is a good sign! She has a very long day. She is in all day Kindergarten with Mild delay children. She just can't wait to go to school and won't stop asking to go to school.
Tyla playing with the farm animals she found in her new classroom!

Tyla was pointing to the school bus in the classroom and telling her teacher that she was going to ride the bus to school!

3 comments:

Lisa Haws and family said...

Kristy,
My really good friend, who just got "divided" out of my ward is the speech therapist at Patterson. I'll call her tomorrow and tell her to keep a special eye on one of my favorite kiddos ever! I don't know her teacher, but Tyla probably has one of the best speech therapists in the entire district!! Don't worry!
Lisa Haws -from preschool at Entz two years ago : )!!

Kristy Treible said...

Thank you so much Lisa! You and Cheri were so amazing with Tyla and set the standard so high! Tyla's first word ever from school was "Lisa"!!! I have very mixed emotions about her teacher this year so let me know if you ever hear anything or if you know her! Thanks for your help! :)

scooley said...

If there is ever a chance that you can go and help out at school you can count on me for baby sitting the baby I think it would be easy with the two boys together. They could become great friends